Treatment Procedure / Instructions for Use
At the outset you may need to use the drill to remove hard substance such as enamel or old fillings. This is a quick procedure with very limited discomfort. Now follow the instructions given below for best results.
Instructions for Use
1. Put 1 or 2 drops each of Solution A & B by gently pressing the nossil of the syringe into the space provided.
2. Mix the two components well with the applicator provided in the pack.
3. Apply the gel to the carious dentine using the same applicator. Soak the caries generously.
4. Wait for at least 30 seconds - For the chemical process to soften the caries. The solution will turn cloudy as the caries is softened.
5. Scrape off the superficial softened carious dentine using a multistar tip hand instrument. Work carefully using scraping or rotating movements. Avoid flushing or drying the cavity.
6. Keep the lesion soaked with D-Solv’ and continue scraping. Repeat until the solution no longer turns cloudy and the surface feels hard using the instrument. Check extra carefully for caries at the dentineo-enamel junction. Use a drill to adjust the periphery before filling, if needed.
7. When the cavity feels free from caries wipe the cavity with a moistened cotton pellet or rinse it with lukewarm water, inspect and check it with a sharp probe. If the cavity is not free from caries, apply D-Solv’ again and continue scraping.
Note: when the cavity is dried with air, the treated surface looks frosted and not shiny, as it does after excavation using a drill.
8. Restore the tooth with a suitable filling material.
When Can D-Solv’ Be Used?
D-SOLV’ can be used in virtually any case of tooth decay. It is recommended in the following situations.
☆ Cavities on the roof surface
☆ Deep cavities.
☆ Patients with anxiety.
☆ Whenever local anesthetics are not an option.
☆ Selectively removes softened/affected dentine and conserves the tooth structure, thereby lessening the chance of iatrogenic pulp exposure.
☆ Saves your healthy tooth/tissues as much as possible.
☆ Causes less pain and discomfort. It is bio compatible, with no pulp reaction.
☆ Reduces or eliminates the need for the drill and local anesthetics.
☆ Dental filling materials bond very well to tooth after treatment with D-Solv’.